Typical Project Inputs
Airex enjoys an engineering and design capability that is well suited to your specialized projects in magnetic components.
Prior to commencing your project at Airex, several steps are taken to guarantee it's success. Every consideration is given to the definition of project parameters, establishing realistic goals, maintaining current product specifications and understanding the marketplace.
- Airex will Define Goals that guide the success of the design/development process. Our objectives will always be clear, obtainable and defined by the needs of the project. Primary sources of these goals are what the product specifications and product applications require to be achieved in an expeditious timeframe.
- We must establish Technical Specifications that define the new product and project scope. This activity requires clear communication with all participating members of the design team.
- Cost Targets & Volume Projections are established with the customer through the early phases of each project. All contractual issues are addressed and resolved using input from all parties involved. Meetings between Airex and our customer are scheduled to discuss market requirements and product projected quantities. This data is essential to a successful, cost effective and well directed program.
- An Application Review is scheduled prior to Conceptual Design with all stakeholders having interest in the project. This review establishes the aspects of "who, what, where and when" for the development process.
- Airex will Evaluate Related Technologies from associated markets. This evaluation allows the design team to position the product relative to the marketplace. From this we develop a realistic sense of what product features required by the market.
- Any existing sketches or drawings that need to be incorporated into the design of the new product will require us to Review Current Drawings. This process, as with any Airex process, is a team effort implemented between our customer and our design staff.
- A Project Schedule will be generated by our design team prior to commencing any design activity. This document will define assigned tasks, timeframes and resources in order to guide and help manage the project. The Airex contract review process finalizes the project plan, producing a working schedule.